Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Graduate Walk Through

I was able to attend the Graduate Walk Through on Saturday and the work that I believe was most interesting, was the work of Joe Bautista. His campaign for Adobe CS4 tied well together with the colors and images he chose.

The visual display in the backroom was also very interesting. After observing it for a while, the way he was able to integrate the text with the manikin was very creative.

I've posted a photo of one of the sections, "Performing," from his Annual Report. In each of the sections of the Annual, whether it were the places he had eaten at or how many emails he had sent, Bautista represented each section with a symbol, with simplicity which was very pleasing to the eye. This technique made the Report Annual very interesting and I hope to see more of his work in the future.

2 comments:

  1. I actually got to see Joe's process of making his Annual Report, so it was very interesting to see how he designs. As an artist I think it's important to gain inspiration from everything that's around us. Joe definitely did that by putting together a book filled with seemingly boring statistics and turning that information into imagery and interesting designs. Art doesn't always have to be loud and in your face. It can be a few simple facts that are laid out in a way that catches your eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's important to take one step back from your writing, and try to look at it from the standpoint of a stranger. If I was a stranger, I would have no idea what a walk-through is, or where it was... Please give some context to your writing, in the future, and consider your audience to be global.

    ReplyDelete